From Dreamwidth Notes
on dreamwidth: piranha
on LJ: pir_anha
on IRC: pir
email (also used for zilla): [email protected]
write wiki page on how i make the pesky little style previews:
- set up userpic for generic user
- make some test posts with the same tags,
- 1 tag with 1 post
- 1 tag with 2 posts
- 1 tag with 3 posts
- create new layout and/or theme
- pick tag for posts that fit best with theme, fill most of screen
- take screenshot of window at max browser size. often have to take two; one upper, one lower, because themes don't all fit well horizontally
- set background colour to background colour of image.
- combine the screenshots if you had to take two (enlarge canvas, use difference trick)
- with very vertically oriented themes, add additional empty space on the sides.
- flatten image
- set marquee to aspect ratio of 150 wide 114 high
- draw marquee starting at left upper corner, fitting as much as possible into it.
- snap guide to lower edge of marquee
- redraw the marquee to the guide.
- crop the image.
- if there are fine lines outlining modules/entries, pull guides to line up with each one.
- save the image as png (this will save the guides as well), name it after layout and theme (eg. stepping stones red october)
- duplicate the image, replacing "copy" with "150x114"
- resize the image, bicubic sharper, size 150 wide 114 high
- if there are fine lines to draw:
- create new layer above background layer
- zoom in so you can see
- for rectangular outlines use marquee along guides and edit -> stroke with 1 px center
- for lines use pencil 1 px along guides
- hide guides, zoom out when done
- adjust line layer's opacity until it melds nicely with theme
- sharpen background layer
- flatten layers
- save image as png
upload to zilla