From Dreamwidth Notes
Revision as of 10:33, 19 January 2009 by Foxfirefey
These are general maintenance tasks that need to be checked up on, to make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Expand articles or short pages
- Clean up pages according to the style guide
- Update articles
- Create wanted pages and wanted categories
- Review new pages and recent changes for style and content
- Fix broken redirects, double redirects
- See if uncategorized pages, uncategorized categories, and uncategorized images can be categorized. Keep the current categories in mind.
- Make helpful illustrations or other files and upload them.
- Look at dead end pages and see if there is content in there that should be linking to other parts of the wiki.
- Look at unlinked to pages and see if there are pages that might want to be linking to them.
- Examine the top of the long pages list--are they getting unwieldy? Should they be cut up?
- Look at short pages list--are there any pages that should be expanded?
One-time tasks that need to be done.
- Look at everybody on the Who page. If they have a wiki account and are okay with it being linked to that info, copy their info to their Wiki user page.
- Write a Wiki Style Guide.
- Keep an eye out for outdated links to Bugzilla--it is now on the subdomain bugs.dwscoalition.org. There might be some strays still around.
- Use the Special:UserRights page to give any people on Special:ListUsers not in team that do NOT look like they have random spammer names access to the team set of user rights, which will let them skip the captcha.
These are tasks that foxfirefey needs to do.
- Make external links a different style than in-wiki links.
- Make redirects look different on the Special:AllPages
- Consider any benefits in adding SemanticMediaWiki: is it more trouble than it is worth or would it be put to good purpose?
- Export database/code weekly to desktop.