Upgrading an old LJ Installation to DW Codebase
This document will serve as the working notes for myself and other people who are doing the Livejournal -> Dreamwidth migration for DeadJournal.com. Obviously if you are reading this you obviously know how to use linux, apache, mysql, etc.
The DW staff have been more than helpful and patient with us, so its fitting that I host my documents on their site so people can learn and contribute. So, onto the docs!
- Debian Etch hosted on a xen instance.
Linux dj 2.6.18-6-xen-686 #1 SMP Sat Dec 27 13:17:00 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
- Database is hosted on another Debian Etch machine.
- Master/Cluster 1 is one database (Rijndael)
- Cluster 2 is in another database (idea)
- Last DJ code upgrade was back when username.whateverjournal.com was implemented for cookie reasons (yeah, I know).
- No TheSchwartz, Inbox, or fru-fru.
- Userpics are stored in the userpicblob2 tables, no mogilefs/perlbal here.
- Database snapshot is off of live site.
- Moved old /home/lj => /home/lj-pre-dw
- Starting with fresh virgin DW code base, redoing configs from scratch, and moving over (with documentation) what DJ specific things need to be moved over.